11.18.2015

Review: the time chamber by Daria Song

the time chamber

Title: the time chamber

Author: Daria Song

Buy Link: CLICK HERE

Publisher InsightKorean artist Daria Song’s sequel to The Time Garden takes readers on a visual journey into a magical nighttime world seen through the eyes of a fairy.

This second book in the bestselling Time coloring series features the voyage of a fairy who, when the cuckoo clock chimes midnight, enters the human world. To the tiny fairy, everything seems enormous and magical, from the curtains to the chandelier to a mystical rowboat that takes her further into an inky adventure. With her she packs her favorite items, which colorers can find throughout the book’s pages: an owl-feathered pen, a star-scented spray, a time tape measure…even the key to the time chamber itself!

Filled with the imaginative, intricately detailed illustrations Song’s readers have come to love, The Time Chamber presents a view of our world made new—and ready for coloring.

The Time Chamber features extra-thick craft paper, ideal for non bleed-through coloring, and the jacketed cover with flaps is removable and colorable. Special gold-foil stamping on the cover and spine and a To/From page make it perfect for gifting to adults and kids alike.




Review: Recently we went out of town to meet my step-son's new girlfriend. Sweet girl. But the best part was we got to leave the little town we live in to visit a big city. And in this big city there was a Michael's store IN THE MALL! I mean really, have you ever heard of something so wonderful? I actually kicked the family out of the store and told them to go have fun in the mall and leave me there. That's when I found this book. It was the most beautiful thing that I have ever seen. I was hoping to use my 50% off coupon, but no, they don't work. So I gave up on the book. Well, that was until I saw it on Amazon. :) Gotta love 'em.

When I actually got into the coloring book, I realized that it wasn't just a beautifully designed coloring book, but a short little children's book as well. I didn't realize that it was the second in the series, or I probably would have gotten the other one first, but this is so wonderful, that I'm glad that I have it. 

I'm contemplating coloring the book in great painstaking detail and then giving a copy to each of my grand children for a present. But they would have to be much older for me to want to do that, since I wouldn't want them to want to color in it, or to rip the pages. 

I think a pre-teen girl would love this book as a present since it's so beautiful, and detailed. Take a look at some of the pages.

the time chamber


the time chamber

the time chamber


Now tell me how you would not want to color in this book. Not only is it beautiful, but it's timeless. I plan on spending more time with Daria Song and her beautiful mastery. If you'd like to see some more things by Daria, I found her Instagram page HERE so you can see some of her other wonderful artwork. I'm inspired.

Until next time.





No comments:

Post a Comment