4.05.2017

Review: Beyond Suffering Bible


Beyond Suffering Bible-NLT: Where Struggles Seem Endless, God's Hope Is Infinite
by Joni and Friends Inc.
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I've spent most of my adult life suffering in one way or another. Whether it be emotional, or physical pain, it didn't matter. And it hasn't been any easier the past 10-12 years. I've been really ticked off at God and what he "did" to me. Because what Daddy (what one of his names (Abba) means) would allow such pain and suffering to exist in the world. Especially while there are those that are good. Truly "bad" (subjective to each person) people seem to live long lives and they don't seem to deserve it. So why? Why would God allow it? This bible helps to put pain and suffering into perspective so you can understand the love that God has for us and that he really doesn't want you to suffer. I still have questions for God, things I don't understand, but that's where faith comes into play. Hopefully, this bible will help me to understand and gain a little more faith with each and every read.

I enjoyed the Connection Points, beginning of chapter intros that show how suffering and disabilities are focused on, and devotionals that are peppered through the pages. I'm glad that I was given the chance to review this bible. Thanks to Tyndale House Publishers for giving me the opportunity.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment