8.11.2014

Review: Haven's King by Tamara Monteau

Title: Haven's King

Series: #4 Haven's Realm

Buy Link

BlurbJason, a vampire from Ancient Greece, falls in love at first sight with Mirissa Wellston, a police officer in the small mountain town of Carrington, Georgia. Because she is Protected, he knows his pursuit could shatter the centuries-long Bargain between the Vampire Community and Heaven’s Forces, a Bargain he founded more than six centuries ago. When his interest in her attracts the attention of his ancient gods, it places Carrington and the Community in danger. He knows it will take more than a Golden Fleece to make things right.

Review: I'm a book geek. And a word nerd. And luckily Ms. Monteau is able to give me all I need and want in a good book.

You've been reading my reviews of the Haven's Realm series, you know I'm in love with the story line and the strength of character for all of her books.

Haven's King has not been a disappointment. Granted, it did take me all of 72 hours to read this book (my normal is 48) but I will tell you that it's only because I've been doped up from surgery.

My love for Jason and Miri is strong and heart-felt. I was so surprised and delighted in how their love/romance formed. It was as beautiful as watching a rose bloom. Each hour, each day, each week was beautiful in its own way bring us in to take a picture with our mind's eye on how complex yet simple true love could be.

I know, I ply you with pretty words, but it's true. Miri is damaged (aren't we all) but Jason takes great care with her as if she was that very rose we watch bloom. He doesn't know the pain or damage that has been done, but he doesn't care. He knows when her time is right that he will be able to be trusted enough in her heart for all secrets to unfold. 

Jason is a King, a man used to getting what he wants when he wants it. But when he wants Miri someone comes forth with a vengeance. Even knowing that the vengeance is there Miri knows that the love of her man is worth fighting for and giving even if he is scared to take.

If you love a great love story, and a mastery of words, take no more time than necessary and get this book in your hands.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm glad you enjoyed Haven's King. It was fun to write--hard in spots, especially when tragedy struck, but leaving you in love with two of my favorite vampires brings me great joy. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! The books sounds irresistible.

    ReplyDelete