4.29.2014

Review - Big Girl Panties by Stephanie Evanovich


Title: Big Girl Panties
Author: Stephanie Evanovich
Buy Link


Blurb: Big Girl Panties by Stephanie Evanovich is a rollicking and poignant romantic comedy about a young widow who decides to get in shape...and winds up getting her groove back--and a whole lot more! Holly Brennan used food to comfort herself through her husband's illness and death. Now she's alone at age thirty-two. And she weighs more than she ever has. When fate throws her in the path of Logan Montgomery, personal trainer to pro athletes, and he offers to train her, Holly concludes it must be a sign. Much as she dreads the thought of working out, Holly knows she needs to put on her big girl panties and see if she can sweat out some of her grief. Soon, the easy intimacy and playful banter of their training sessions lead Logan and Holly to most intense and steamy workouts. But can Holly and Logan go the distance as a couple now that she's met her goals--and other men are noticing?


Review: Being a heavy girl myself, I found the emotion written into Ms. Evanovich's character to be genuine and true. There were times when I had a tear in my eye, and a laugh escaping my mouth at the same time. Kudos.

When Molly and Logan get together I can honestly say that I disliked him and thought he was a giant ass. He views outer beauty instead of inner beauty. You wanted to hate him, you wanted Holly to find someone who wanted her for her. But the hearts wants what the heart wants. Luckily Logan pulls his head from his posterior and becomes the man he needed to be all his life. But is it in time? Only flips of the page, or in my case tones of a beautiful voice. (I listened to the audio book loaned to me from the local Library!)

No comments:

Post a Comment